FIRST THINGS FIRST...
FRIENDLY REMINDER :) HAVE YOU ANSWERED THE PRELIMINARY QUESTIONS? IF NOT, CLICK BELOW. IF YOU DID, IGNORE THIS & THANKS!
WHAT TO SEND EVERY MONTH>>
To kick things off, you will send me 10-15 images of items in your closet. More on how to do that in a minute. As you sign up for additional Shake Up Lookbooks when you need them, your private digital closet will build and I will be able to create more outfit ideas. You will be able to send less and less images, tailored to whatever is on your calendar that month. Easy!
Here is what you should send with your first round.
1. ONLY READY-TO-WEAR: No need to send accessories like bags, shoes, or jewelry. After some testing, we found this approach to work best!
2. THE THOUGHT PROCESS: Send me items you need help with, i.e. that pencil skirt you bought and love but have no clue how to wear, the blazer you wear all the time and need a new way to style, anything you think you need for a new job that has a different dress code than your previous job, the dress you need help with for an upcoming event.
3. WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO SEND: Items you know how to wear or anything that you don't actually feel good in/don't like.
HOW TO TAKE THE BEST PICTURES>>
Keep it simple. Please make sure you check out these quick tips. Your LOOKBOOK will thank you (and I will too!):
1. LAY IT OUT FLAT: You won't be sending accessories but you can use this as a guide. Make sure you lay out the item on a flat surface.
2. CONTRAST & LIGHTING: Natural light is best. It won't skew the color. Also, if you have a dark/colorful item, put it on a white surface. If you have a white/light item, put it on a dark (consistent, no patterns) surface like a dark towel or wood.
3. TOP DOWN: Shoot as much as you can on the floor (it's tempting to shoot on a bed) so you can really get a top down angle. Anything slanted just doesn't translate. See examples below!
4. NORTH/SOUTH VS. EAST/WEST: Ideally, try to shoot items vertically and not with a wide angle. Lay the shirt/pant/skirt/jeans out facing you vertically (see #1 in the "YES" section to get a visual).
3. HOW TO WORK THE CLOUD>>
- As soon as you purchase your monthly Shake Up I will send you an invite to your personal StyleShaker Closet folder in the cloud.
- You must have an icloud account connected with your phone in order to use this option. If you do not, you can email images every week to firstname.lastname@example.org using your name in the subject line.
- Click on the pop-up when you receive the invite to your iCloud folder (on your phone or you will also receive an email). Once you do this, you have it on your account!
- (iPhone instructions): Open your Photos.
- Click 'Select' in the top right corner.
- Select every picture you took of items in your closet that day.
- Click on the share icon on the bottom right (rectangle with arrow facing upwards).
- Select 'iCloud Sharing' from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll to your new StyleShaker Closet folder with your name on it and click to select.
- Enter any comments you would like me to see or you can leave it blank.
- Click 'Post' in the top right corner.
- All set! I receive an automatic notification every time you send items over. When you reach your 40 items for the month, I will notify you that your closet is being updated.
NEED HELP? ASK ME ANYTHING.
The StyleShaker Ultimate Wardrobe System by Brittany Witkin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.thestyleshaker.com.