Get My Look | What I Wear When I Can't Make Up My Mind

Three words, 8 steps: Get, my, look.

Matchy-matchy can be predictable-predictable.  We are all guilty of going back to that 20% of our closets that we keep on heavy rotation because, well, it's easy. I get it. But what about the rest of what's hanging in there, that 80% you look at every day and wonder, "should I finally wear this, wait, how should I wear this, wait, why did I buy this?"

To my personal shopping and styling clients reading this, sound familiar? Right. Well, technically speaking, it shouldn't be all that familiar any more. It should be a distant memory...

When I'm working with a client or speaking to a group of women at one of my Sip & Style Sessions, I find that things really start to click as soon as I begin pairing pieces they have with ideas they would have never dreamt of. Now, are these combination novel? Mind-blowing? Absolutely not. Actually, I love the fact that they are incredibly simple, approachable, affordable, and at the end of the day, real fashion for real women. It just takes a little inspiration and some helpful direction. Hence today's Get My Look post.

See how I pull things off when I'm feeling creative and want to go in a direction that's the exact opposite of matchy-matchy (translation: you will NOT find any color coordinated twin-sets in this one). If it strikes a chord in you, try it out using pieces from your own closet and mix and match away. If you have questions, it's really simple, just ask. For now, soak up the look-spiration:

get the look opp of matchy matchy that works

Get my look, well, shop my look below:


Pop quiz: What good is a look if you don't know how to wear it for your body type? It gets the inspiration flowing, yes, that's a bad thing. But loving a look and shopping according to a Style by Number situation above while not considering what works best for you silhouette can also leave you with a full closet and nothing to wear. Frustration, peace out. You're no longer welcome here. See which body types this look works for and where you may want to consider making a few fashion tweaks or moving on to the next look all together:

body type img

Rectangles and Hourglasses, this is all you. Apples, the reason you're not on this list is because there's too much volume on the top with the jacket. Swap that leather classic out for a more fitted cardigan (grey possibly, any neutral will do just not black) and you're all set. Pears, the pleats are why I left you out of this initial equation. Should you find a skirt sans pleats that is about midi-length (mid-calf) then feel free to partake!

Love what's going on in the look but now you want even more Shopping Options, or (more likely) something has sold out? Don't let that stop you. Shop the StyleShaker Closet, category by fashion category below and see where the magic happens:


The StyleShaker is all about inspiration. Shopping inspiration, fashion inspiration, Look inspiration, and now inspiration via quotes.

It's one of my favorite things to do, share quotes that resonate with me, with my friends, so I'm incorporating into a few posts, just, cause. Take a minute, take a breath, take a step back and just be for a second. Fill up that part of yourself.

Clothing, what you wear on the outside, truly can make you feel good walking throughout your day. I not only believe this, I live it every day in my own life and I see it in each and every one of my clients. That's the outside though and it can only take you so far. It's important, but it's one piece of the puzzle. Now it's time to try something on, this time, on the inside. Check out the quote, see if it resonates, and hopefully it inspires you the way it did me. Inspiration, inside AND out.


Get back to more inspiration when it comes to what to wear, how to wear it, and where to shop: 

get inspired