After working in luxury retail for over a decade (yea, that happened), I've grown to root for the emerging and independent designer that puts in major sweat equity with unflinching passion, knowing full-well that, to say the future is uncertain would be an understatement.
I respect the hell out of anyone going after their passion with integrity, a little insanity (it's necessary at times), undeniable talent, and grit, especially when they can produce something that is so simple, and so easy to weave into my everyday life. Because um, it's all about me? Lol.
GETTING TO KNOW ADRIANA NEVES & WHAT SHE CAN DO:
I was lucky enough to get an email from Adriana Neves a few months ago. That communication was quickly followed by a little delivery to my house in San Francisco for a product review. Love that.
WHAT SHOWED UP:
Three bracelets to layer up or wear solo, plus a curved necklace that I've discovered, goes with pretty much anything I have in my closet.
Now, I pride myself on being brutally honest with my reviews, and this one will be no different.
I'm picky. It's true. Years spent in the industry touching, feeling, even smelling (yes, it was a known trick to smell leathers on designer handbags so you could get a sense of quality; gasoline-esque fumes on the latest "Prado" bags are not just reserved for the gems you can find on Canal Street) means I'm just that girl. The one that can find a flaw in a millisecond, but also knows nothing is perfect.
SO WHAT DID I THINK?
These pieces from Adriana Neves are on my wrists and/or neckline a minimum of three times a week. Fact.
I wear them all, the, time. And I tend to get compliments whenever they make a cameo.
WHAT I LOVE:
- The overall aesthetic is something I'm drawn to for everyday essentials. So many clients have asked how to incorporate jewelry into a look to elevate things a bit. Here's how.
- The weight of the necklace feels right. It's sturdy, not flimsy.
- Price points are incredibly reasonable. Yes, we all know you can hop on another discount site, spend less, and get something maybe similar-ish (?not quite), but it will a. not last, b. smell like a jar of pennies, c. turn your skin fun colors that aren't so fun at all, and d. do all of the above.
WHAT I DON'T LOVE:
- I wish I could have tried out the rings, but hey, I get it. Adriana was generous enough to send over what she did for a fair and honest review. So fine, I'll just pony up and get a ring. I can handle that.
- Truly, this is a one-bullet list. I adore this designer and her collections. You will too. And, for September, at a discount of 25% EXCLUSIVE to TheStyleShaker.com.
- Enter code: TheStyleShaker25 at checkout to redeem. Yea, it's good to be a StyleShaker people.
Ok, back to my Sunday couch time.
Wishing you a Happy Sunday, as always. See you next time-