Here's how it all happened:
First, Kiehl's decided to discontinue their tinted moisturizer that I had been using for years. I was all:
Then I tried every other tinted moisturizer known to man.
From Bobbi Brown to Laura Mercier to small runs from unknown boutique brands, you name it, I tried it.
Every single one fell short. I was either too shiny, too tinted, not tinted enough, etc.
The struggle was real and I got, um, a little frustrated.
Ok, A LOT frustrated.
And then, one fateful December day in San Francisco while working on a POPSUGAR photo shoot, I was creepily staring at my friends' impeccable skin and had to ask, "What are you wearing? Your skin looks insane!"
She showed me this little shiny tube of magic and said, "Oh my god, I just started using it! It's called Complexion Rescue and it is so amazing..."
Twenty-four hours later, I was swiping a pea-sized amount across my face and...boom. Love.
I am happy to say that I've officially found my new go-to tinted moisturizer.
I couldn't be happier.
Complexion Rescue and I...we're like peas and carrots, like peanut butter and jelly, like avocado and toast, like Forest and Jenny...
WHAT I LOVE:
- It isn't too thick but it isn't too thin either. I love the texture and how it's so far from sticky. It's a "gel cream" you have to feel.
- There's some coverage provided but there are no streaks or lines of demarcation.
- The price makes me happy.
- SPF! There's SPF!
- Paraben-free baby.
- The effect truly is a glow instead of super-shine.
- A little goes a long way...
WHAT I DON'T LOVE SO MUCH:
- I noticed that, once I apply the moisturizer, if throughout the day I manage to scratch my face unexpectedly, my skin will react quickly and break out. Mind you, I have sensitive skin, but I rarely suffer breakouts so I could tell it was the new moisturizer.
- I still use some under-eye concealer and every now and then, a little coverage for redness if I'm super tired or traveling a lot.
Bottom line: Nothing is perfect, but this comes pretty close.