*All views in this review are the opinion of the author. This post was not sponsored. I purchased the products featured or received a sample size in a monthly subscription box. FYI this post may contain affiliate/referral links. Read the complete TheStyleShaker.com disclosure here.
I received a sample of the Lancôme CILS Booster XL Super Enhancing Mascara Base in a recent subscription box so trying it out was a no-brainer for me.
I wasn't initially sold on the concept of mascara primers, mainly because I'm not into adding one more step to the makeup routine, buuuuuuuuut I may be convinced that this extra step it. Watch the video (3 min. review) and check out the before & after:
What to know:
- Lancôme knows what is up when it comes to lashes. They have a best-selling mascara, Definicils that, when I worked in the stores at Neiman Marcus, would be on massive replenishment. Women would buy that stuff by the pound. I assumed that they would get a mascara base right as well. I was right...
You'll love this mascara base if:
- You're looking to add serious length to your lashes without much effort.
- You have dry or brittle lashes that could use a little moisturizing under mascara.
- I definitely also recommend castor oil at night by the way. It's been super helpful for my lashes.
You may not need this mascara base if:
- Your lashes are on-point, thick and long. Go you!
- You want something 100% organic. This is not a "green beauty" pick.
Application tips & more:
- You can wear this to bed at night for a moisturizing treatment as well as under mascara.
- Definitely do NOT wait to apply mascara after you brush on the base.
- Lashes need more help? Check out my review of Castor Oil here.
- Need help finding a better mascara? Here is my new favorite.
Thanks for watching!