I'm on Day 21 of The 21-Day Clear Mind, Clean Closet Challenge and the topic today is:
Wait, I need a minute to celebrate...
Ok, all set. Now, where was I?
O M G, yes.
The thing is, I think we have more than one gift. I think our gifts ebb and flow with the course of our lives, so don't put too much pressure on one precious gift, just focus on the gift for right now, the one that you are all about in this very moment, that's the one you get to give away.
A FEW GOOD WAYS TO KICKSTART FINDING OUT WHAT YOUR GIFT (RIGHT NOW) IS:
1. Ask yourself what you wanted to be when you grew up. I do this with every new client. There's gold in the answer. Think about what you loved to do as a child. That could point you in the right direction.
2. Ask yourself what you lose all track of time doing. You already did this if you took this challenge. Whatever it is that you lose yourself in (I'm not talking addictive behaviors or obsessive behaviors; think: writing, cooking, etc.) get familiar with it. What can you do for hours at a time and feel like no time has passed at all?
3. Ask your trusted friends and colleagues what they think you are good at. Do you always inspire them? Do you always find a way to make them laugh?
Try those three things and see what rises to the surface.
If you notice something but think, "nah, there's no way I could do that," perfect. You're in the right spot.
All you have to do now is shut the doubt switch off for like, five minutes, and try (per Day 19).
Take a small step and then take another one.
If you take a step backwards, cool, let it happen and pivot.
Then rinse and repeat.
If what you do feels good, or hits that sweet spot (you'll know this because you won't feel like your struggling every second of every day, just a little here and there is per the norm), keep going in that direction.
If not, take a step back, ask those three questions again, and see what else you come up with.
With a clear mind you can start to approach all of this. You can also start to do the same for your closet. Oh yeaaaaa, knew that was coming.
MY 21 DAY JOURNEY
21 days have passed, and I have stuck with it.
I'm feeling pretty good right now.
I skipped a couple of days here and there but got this whole thing running and moving at a time in my life when there was tremendous, and very cool, change going on. A move was also thrown into the mix so if I can stick with it during a move, you can do this.
The goal of the 21-day challenge is to declutter your mind so you can then do the same for your closet and create some real change that will not only stick with you but transform you.
My closet, as you could imagine, is already pretty clean and clear. The recent move made it even more streamlined so yes, I'm doing this a bit backwards but that's ok. I also wanted to take this challenge because I witnessed the positive effect it had on my life about five years ago.
So on the final day, it is always cool to look back and see where I was when I first started, and where I am now.
In the challenge mind you, I don't recommend you re-read what you wrote in detail. When you are finished, you can look at where you were 21 days ago and where you are now. But the real kicker is, if a shift has happened internally, sometimes you won't see it for another month or two.
I know, I know, instant gratification be damned. You will however, be able to see it immediately when you approach your closet overhaul. You did the work, thought about shifting your perspective towards looking at what you're gaining vs. looking at what you're losing. That will help you tremendously as you start to let go of old clothing and old ways of thinking.
For me, the shift is already pretty evident:
1. I changed up the site so I could allow myself time to work more on things that bring me joy and less on things that I created to stay in that state of being really busy doing a whole lot of random stuff.
2. I also think I'm going to keep writing daily, not on here so much, but for myself. It has become a daily ritual in a sense and I'm kind of loving it.
3. I realized that I have everything I need for the next phase of my business. It's going back to where it began. That's all I'll say about that.
My entire life has changed in the past month. Some things were out of my control, most of them were in my control, and moving forward it's all so different.
It's amazing to think of how much everything can change, in my case for the better, in such a short amount of time.
If you're ready for change, if you have it in you and just need to know what to do with it, this 21-day challenge will empower you to figure out your own next steps because honestly, you already know what to do, you just have to get out of your own way.
Day 21, done.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: