Short story: I worked in retail for over a decade and now I never pay full price (nor do my clients).
I know how much the average item is marked up above cost. I know the seasonal markdown cadences, i.e. when product will get marked down the most. And, since I've been on the e-commerce side for um, awhile, I also know where to get deals on-line (plus I'm a stickler for free shipping).
Trust me, I am not the only (former)retailer that shops like this. It's ironic, and yet very true in my experience (buying offices at Neiman Marcus), that retailers hardly ever pay full retail price. So...why should you?
Today's find: Sam Edelman's black 'Bryton' Pointy Toe Lace Up Bootie for $100 off. I dug around everywhere and Net-a-Porter.com currently has the lowest price at 50% off. Whaaa? Yea. Check it out....
- It's 50% off, um, yea.
- It isn't only available in size 5 and 11. There are quite a few in-between sizes left...for now :)
- A 3.5 inch heel is very do-able, and this is coming from someone that regularly walks in heels on the hills of San Francisco.
- A pointed toe peeking out under the hem of a pant always elongates.
- It is just a really cool lace-up boot that hits a few trends while still remaining classic and versatile (see below).
- You have a stacked heel black ankle bootie for everyday kicking around and you need to add something a bit more polished into your wardrobe mix that a. doesn't cost too much and b. you can wear into next year, and the year after that.
- My personal favorite: Net-a-porter.com offers FREE 3 day shipping and free return shipping in the US. Love, that.
- You freak out at the thought (let alone sight) of a heel over 2 inches.
- You aren't a "pointy-toe" person.
- They really may not have your size left. Bummer but a fact of sale shopping life. Sold out? Find more here.
WAYS YOU CAN WEAR THIS BOOT:
1. Pencil skirt + chunky sweater:
2. Leopard print coat + black skinny jean + crossbody or handheld bag:
3. Beige/khaki ankle trouser + white texture top + wide lapel gray coat + clutch:
4. Studded leather cape (like, whoa; opt for just a camel wool version if you want to tone it down) + white blouse + hunter green pleated skirt + quilted chain strap shoulder bag:
5. gray blazer + white tee + gray skinny jean + great hair:
6. Printed, fitted one-button blazer + chambray shirt + skinny ankle zip black pant + black belt:
7. High volume cream capelet or coat + whatever is under it, let's pretend it is a long black blouse + distressed black skinny jeans + top knot (and the heel doesn't have to be stacked at all):
8. Black leather motorcycle jacket + striped everyday tee + black skinny jean or pant + black shoulder bag + Kate Moss swagger:
9. Crisp white button-front blouse + that cut-out pencil skirt (UGH LOVE) + a patent clutch:
10. A mixed media, chevron coat + white button-front shirt + olive/brown ankle pants + a wide step:
SEE WHAT'S NEXT: