Summer is on it's last legs and while some of us really (really) don't want to see it go, are holding on to the final days of heat with a vice-like grip, and are like:
I'm kind of excited. As soon as Vogue's September issue hits (I don't even care if it's now 70% ads), I get giddy:
But before I turn the site over to 100% Fall fashion, I thought I'd throw in a few more outfits you can wear right, about, now. Today's look is ridiculously simple to put together and beyond comfortable. Wear it to brunch, running around on the weekend, pack it for the vacay, you get the point. Shop the look and see other ways to wear it:
WAYS TO WEAR IT:
- drop the flat sandal for a neutral wedge that has more heel height if you're looking to elongate or polish it up a bit.
- Apple body types should opt out of the top vest layer and go with a drape front cardigan that flares slightly at the hip if it's chilly out.
- Not a poppy-red fan? Sad, but hey, it happens. Go with a print instead, something in the blush family would be amazing. Dusty rose anyone?
- Layer on a pendant necklace, subtle layered rings and swap out the bucket bag for a soft metallic clutch. Throw in a pair of colorful heels and you can head out for cocktails in this look.
- Choose an ankle boot (beige/brown) instead if temps are already dipping. Great for body types that have a little height.