I flipped through the (digital) pages of InStyle's May issue (I know, a little late to the party but I was sifting through the archives for some much needed what-to-wear and overall fashion inspiration) and few things just automatically caught my eye. Here is everything that made me stop, stare and want to 'save it for later' from the issue: (cue Reese)
1. The next nail color on my shopping list? Butter London's "marrow":
2. The epic Iris Apfel hit home on a few levels here. I love what she says about people having (or really, lacking) "original style," having a sense of humor, and when a look feels good in the "pit of [her] tummy."
3. I JUST (finally) bought a pair of white skinny jeans from Paige, but this AG add represents a perfect summer denim look to me.
4. The classic shirt dress just felt "right" here. There were several options to choose from, but this blue number from Rebecca Minkoff sold me. I love the a-line look that flies away at the hem. Pretty and romantic. Ps: it's now on sale!
7. I've been into poppy lip color lately, but fuchsia sounds like a pretty solid statement making option too.
8. This snippet made me want to change things up on my go-to casual t-shirt and jeans weekend look. Next time, hair will go up and statement earrings will enter the picture. Always try something new...whether it's a small or large change doesn't matter.
9. I'm always ALWAYS on the lookout for the perfect black eye liner pencil and mascara. Right now I have something from Urban Decay's 24/7 for eye liner and a combo of Maybelline's Great Lash mascara as a base and Benefit's They're Real mascara layered on top (especially at the ends). Maybe Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes is next up for liner. TBD on mascaras.
10. I went ga-ga crazy over the striped dress from Band of Outsiders. I don't care if it's almost $800, I love it. Well, now it's only $278. Yay!
11. Reese kills it in this one. Not surprising. I pulled this shot out of the rest because her stylist put her in a look with a textured, lightweight sweater back to a form-fitting black skirt and it was on point. Amazing.
Until next time...stay inspired.