What to wear to work you ask?
It doesn't always have to be about reinventing the wheel when it comes to what to wear to work. You can keep it simple with a black pant, black henley, and skinny belt any day of the week. To mix it up you can add a red lip or a top knot. Leverage small changes in makeup and hair to keep things fresh.
Also, for body types, if you have a shorter waist and want to lean more towards using separates to elongate your torso, you can do a tuck of the shirt on one side or leave it out as long as it is fitted and the hem doesn't fall below your natural hip. The wide leg pant, even with a slight pleat, will work here. If pleats scare you, go for something flat front (universally flattering) and play with color.
Here are all the ways off the top of my head I can think of when it comes to wearing this look:
1. swap the long sleeve henley for a short sleeve crewneck top and add a statement necklace that hits along the collar.
2. go with a white wide leg pant instead of black and add in an elongated layered necklace to soften things up a bit.
3. ditch the wide leg pant all together and opt for a printed pencil skirt with a d'orsay pump.
4. try hair up in a top knot and some thick frame glasses with a coral/magenta lip.
5. lose the belt, wear the henley un-tucked, and layer a fitted military jacket on top (for edgier office environments).
6. go with a skinny leg black pant and wear a neutral stacked heel or turn up the volume with a statement heel.
That's just me getting warmed up. The goal here is to know you can always fall back on a strong foundation outfit if you invest in solid core pieces. From there, use accessories and other items in your closet to mix and match. I promise you have more outfits than you know just waiting in your closet for you to discover them. All it takes is a shift in perspective.
SHOP THE LOOK:
Already have these pieces in your closet? Fabulous. Wear 'em. Need an update on the pants, pumps, top, etc?
Amazing, shop the options below (they aren't exact as this is an old image, but I look for similar items to fill in the fashion holes):