INSPIRATION FOR WHAT TO WEAR TO (CASUAL) DINNER/DRINKS THIS WEEK:
I love taking denim out to dinner. It just works on so many levels and when you want to dress up but not look like you're trying too hard, this is such an easy way to go.
- medium wash skinny leg jean
- fun/colorful pointy-toe pump
- lightweight patterned sweater
- classic black clutch
- simple drop earrings
- asymmetrical zip black jacket (leather piping in this case)
- You could easily bring this into a more transitional look, depending on the temperature, by going with a sandal
- Apple body types, opt for a bootcut jean to balance out proportions
- No sweater? Easy, go with a fitted t-shirt and you're all set!
Does it get any easier than a classic cream button-front blouse and jeans? Well it's possible, but when you're thinking about a casual dinner and you don't want to think too hard, this combination is going to be a life-saver.
- classic white/cream blouse (love the v-neck on this for a number of reasons)
- the picture is showing a black skinny leg (ankle) pant; you can use a dark wash (or medium wash for that matter) skinny jean here to keep with the theme
- classic black clutch
- classic black pump
- Add in some layered necklaces (especially for Pear body types) to bring this into cocktail/evening mode
- You can also (Apple body types) go with layered or leather (bold) bracelets
- Want more color? Pull in something saturated with a bold hue via the bag OR the shoe (less is more)
- A cuff earring (see an example in the shopping list picks below) would be amazing here
- Cold out? Layer on a colorful/print scarf or if you're more of an Apple body type, throw on a classic and clean-cut (limited bulk on the shoulder and lapel) leather jacket
Fine, I just made it even easier. You don't even need a classic silk blouse, crazy cool jacket, or printed sweater as the above looks show. You could easily pull of an evening (casual) look with a t-shirt and skinny jean when you use the right accessories.
- dark wash (or black) skinny leg jean
- red pump
- white t-shirt
- easy black bag/satchel (large or small)
- Inject a bit more color with a bold red lip if you're up to it
- Short-waisted ladies, leave the shirt either untucked or tucked in on one-side so as not to throw off proportions
- Chilly? Add a super-comfy, colorful scarf into the mix
- Go elegant with the addition of an oversized camel coat and maybe pair that with a statement right and clutch. A little accessory embellishment never hurt anyone!
NEW ON THE SHOPPING LIST:
A steady stream of new additions have found their way (read: I dug and posted them up) onto the site this week. See what's happening on TheStyleShaker Shopping List...
A LITTLE EXTRA INSPIRATION:
It's a scary thought, let alone action, but sometimes everything is just pointing in the direction of you letting go. What have you got to lose? Think about it...