INSPIRATION FOR WHAT TO WEAR TOMORROW:
So, you need to run errands and you want to upgrade it a level above 'shlubby-mode.' Got it. Remember, it's not about reinventing the wheel here. Use what you have and edit accordingly with a little inspiration. A flare leg jean gets balanced out by a printed button-front top. Easy. Throw in some accessories and you're good to go.
- printed button-front shirt (essential to any wardrobe)
- medium wash flare leg jean (another core piece)
- neutral sandal (or a sneaker)
- If you need another layer to stay warm, opt for a colorful blazer OR you could go with a black blazer and bold solid colored scarf
- An ankle boot also works
- Keep it casual with a slouchy shoulder bag
- If you want to take the attention away from your top half, co with a fitted neutral tee (long sleeve)
A classic striped sweater makes an appearance on this casual, yet pulled together look. This is something you could wear to a coffee meeting/brunch/lunch, etc. Insert your casual daytime occasion here. Beanie, totally optional. It's a bit more 'hipster' in feel so if it's not your thing, by all means, omit. You want to feel comfortable and confident with what you have on.
- pea coat
- knit beanie hat
- striped top
- dark wash flare leg jean
- hobo handbag (adding this one in even if it's not pictured)
- a pop color lip gloss would add some color into the mix
- why not add a red scarf into the mix?
Leave it to Mrs. Beckham to luxe-up the flare leg denim look for us. She's good. She's also rail-thin so if you have more curves (and are a normal, human woman with hips), the high-waisted jean may be a no-go for you. Just got with something that sits on your natural waist instead. It's more comfortable too. Bonus.
- a printed silk blouse (great to have on hand)
- dark wash flare leg jeans
- oversized sunnies
- a black pump that will peek out under that elongated hem
- a vest could be a great option here; drape front, perfect for Pear body types
- layer up the bracelets or even a few gold necklaces
- a more structured satchel in something neutral could work, or in this case, what about a bright cobalt? Always looking for ways to incorporate color
- there is always the option to go with a metallic clutch and a few statement rings on this look to take it into evening
So clean, so crisp, so simple, and so-wearing-white-after-Labor-Day. Let the rules go. You could also opt for a colorful pant here or something with a print. Pear shapes, this may not be your go-to option. Everyone else, you're good to go! One more tip: short-waisted ladies, un-tuck the shirt and make sure the hem doesn't fall past you natural hip. It will throw off proportions.
- chambray shirt (core, essential workhorse piece)
- white flare leg jean (more on the trend side, but still)
- black satchel (super-core piece)
- statement sunglasses (trendy)
- a classic stud earring
- the non-Apple body types out there could easy parley a statement necklace into the mix on this look
- go with a black flare leg jean to minimize your lower half if that's what you're going for
- add a printed scarf to accessories and inject color