INSPIRATION FOR WHAT TO WEAR TOMORROW:
Bring on the red! Remember, this is about inspiration, not imitation. Take one thing you love about this look and bring it into what's already in your closet. Or, add something to your shopping list for Fall. If you want to keep the color in full-force on the sweater and say, the boot, even things out for everyday wear but adding a basic layer, black or camel, on top in the form of a coat or blazer.
- bold red sweater (oversized)
- skinny leg pant or jean
- ankle boots; color/print/or neutral
- take this to the office by dropping the jean and going with a black skinny pant instead
- not feeling the ankle print bootie? try a neutral black ankle boot instead
Black and military green go together like peas and carrots as far as I'm concerned. Get out those basic black ankle pants, your everyday pumps, and your go-to black blouse/top to pull this look together. Add in some color via your makeup, some statement jewelry, or make the black pump a colorful pump instead. The military green trench brings everything together.
- military green trench coat
- black ankle pant
- black blouse
- black pump
- wear this for a weekend/casual look by going with a skinny jean or distressed boyfriend jean (if it's the latter, keep the heel for some height)
- a chunky statement necklace would be a good option to keep things interesting
- the bag on this can be kept neutral whether it's a black tote or shoulder bag
So if you're not comfortable with color, then this look may not be for you (stating the obvious). However, you can use the silhouette to play with what you already have in your closet. Want to tone it down? Keep the pencil skirt and go with a more neutral top. Or, keep the top and go with a more neutral skirt. The belt is going to bring the eye right to the most narrow part of your body and the neutral heel, be it a pump or sandal, is going to elongate without fail.
- red pencil skirt
- pop color (in this case purple) blouse
- black and white belt
- neutral heel
- bring a black blazer into the picture to tone things down for the office
- a few long layered necklaces work well here
A fuller leg on the pant is perfect back to a more fitted, printed sweater. Apple body types, walk away from the print on top. Instead, opt for something more neutral in color, dark, and a v-neck. It wouldn't hurt to get those pants hemmed by the way, just sayin'.
- trouser, wide leg
- printed, fitted sweater
- plastic frame sunnies
- black pump or boot, doesn't matter unless again, you get these pants to a tailor!
- keep the bag neutral to let the sweater have it's moment
- a black blazer would be a perfect layer to add into the mix if temps aren't too warm